Witnessing the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) has always been a dream for travellers worldwide. It was the ancient Chinese and Greek people who first observed these mesmerising Northern Lights, which are a major tourist attraction today. These lights are most visible from September to March, between 6 PM and 4 AM.
The ideal places to watch Aurora Borealis are from Northern Norway, Sweden, Finland, Alaska, and southern Iceland.
However, this international trip calls for huge expenditure, but it is easy to fulfil now with personal loans for travel. These loans offer substantial amounts of up to Rs. 25 Lakh which is enough to fulfil such overseas expenditures.
With the financial worries resolved, learn in detail about the places famous for Northern Lights here.
1. Fairbanks, Alaska – The best time to visit this place is from August 21st to April 21st. This time is known as ‘Aurora Season’ when Aurora Borealis is visible almost the entire day. You can also enjoy the beautiful mountain ranges with magnificent rivers and lakes there.
2. Tromso, Norway – This modern city in the Arctic is considered as an ideal place to see the Northern Lights. It is only 350 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle and is the largest city in Northern Norway.
Tromso also offers many activities like hiking, fishing, dog sledging, and whale safaris. You can enjoy the local delicacies from the range of restaurants in the city.
3. Kakslauttanen, Finland – Kakslauttanen beats all other destinations with their amazing accommodations to view the Northern Lights. You stay in a glass-roofed igloo in a snow-covered land and enjoy your surroundings.
This resort is 240 kilometres north of the Arctic Circles. You can also ride snowmobiles, go on a husky-driven sledge ride, or see reindeers in their natural habitat.
This luxury resort can be slightly expensive. However, you can ease up the burden with the help of hassle-free personal loans. Leading financial institutions also offer a flexible tenor to make your repayments convenient.
4. Abisko National Park, Sweden – Abisko National Park is situated in the middle of Abiskodalen valley surrounded by a majestic mountain range. It is one of the remotest destinations to view the Northern Lights.
You will be able to choose multiple tour packages in this National Park. The best time to visit here is from October to November. Abisko enjoys clear nights during these months.
5. Kirkjufell, Iceland – Kirkjufell is a beautiful trail surrounded by beaches. It has a lake and a waterfall in the foreground making it one of the best spots to watch the Northern Lights. This town also offers several places to spend the night, and you can experience the local way of life with a friendly population.
You can make your dream holiday come true with the help of an easy to avail a personal loan. Lending institutions including NBFCs offer fast credit disbursal with minimum documentation. For example, Bajaj Finserv provides pre-approved offers that save time and make the process less complicated. You can check out your pre-approved offers by providing only a few necessary details online. These offers are available on personal loans, business loans, home loans and a variety of financial products and services.
So, plan your visit to an exotic destination with an unsecured personal loan and witness Northern Lights at their best.