HTML is a type of programming language basically we all are familiar with. But some who are newly introduced with this language just have a basic idea about it. So, basically, they get confused with this type of language, and many questions start to jumble in their mind, such as what is the full form of HTML, where is the word derived from, what is the level of language, why do we use this programming language, what is the meaning of HTML, and so on. So, here, we will try to find the answer to each and every question that comes to our mind as we hear the word HTML.
This programming language was first developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990. While, most of the people even question that, what are the main characteristics of HTML? So, some of the characteristics of HTML can be stated as follows:
- It is not case sensitive language.
- We build tables.
- Platform independent language.
- Title, lists, paragraphs, etc.
- Controls fonts, colors, positioning using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
- Canvas, which allows a web developer to render graphics on the fly.
- Application caches.
- Geolocation, and many more.
The next question that arrives is, is HTML hard to learn? So, the answer is no. HTML is very easy and the simplest language to learn, you will ever see. Once you decide to further make your career as a software developer you will have to face the other hard level languages such as C++, C, Python, and so on. If you try to learn HTML language it is very easy, just you have to concentrate a bit and that’s all it is. Also, you can understand more about HTML by following some few steps:
- Open an HTML document
- View your document with an internet browser
- Understand markup tags
- Write your first <html> tag
- Fill out the <head> portion of your document.
- Create a <body> section.
- Add text in various styles.
- Divide your text into paragraphs.
- Learn how to make lists.
- Fix up your page with line interrupt, parallel lines, and pictures.
- Link to other places on the page.
Just try that you find learning this coding language interesting. You will automatically get to know all about this language. I hope you have got all the information you were searching for about the term HTML.