The personal computer market in India has witnessed a growth of 28.1% in the third quarter of 2018. Notebooks and laptops have contributed 61% to the overall growth (61% of 28.1%).
With the advancement of technology, your laptop is equipped with features that make your personal and professional work significantly easier. However, these feature-packed gadgets often come with high prices, and any damage to your device may lead to additional costs for repairs. An ideal way to manage these extra expenses is to avail a laptop insurance scheme which comes at affordable prices.
Discussed below are some of the benefits and features of these policies.
Features and benefits of affordable insurance plan:
- Hassle-free application
These insurance plans can be availed through a hassle-free application process. Policyholders can apply for these policies by filling an application form on the official website of the selected insurer. After you fill the application form with your personal and financial details, along with some basic information of your laptop, furnish all the required documents online and make the payment for your premium to complete the process.
- Easy access
You get to access the online account through which you can track the status of your application for such laptop protection plan and check the status of your claim. Individuals can also make payments for their premiums, lodge complaints, etc. through the online account.
- Easy claim process
You can lodge your claim by contacting your insurer through the provided contact details. To file a claim, fill the form and submit the necessary documents, including the claim form, invoices, FIR copy (in case your device is stolen), etc.
- Wider coverage
You get to enjoy financial protection for various occasions, such as:
- Accidental damage: You can get coverage for any damage to your laptop or parts of your laptop, such as charging port, mic, etc. Individuals can also avail Pocket Insurance schemes like laptop charger insurance offered by Bajaj Finserv offering financial protection against any damage to your laptop’s charger. You can claim coverage for any financial loss for repairing your laptop due to mechanical or electrical breakdown, theft or burglary, fire, natural calamities and other accidents. Policyholders can enjoy sum assured up to Rs. 10,000 against a minimal premium of Rs. 399 per annum.
For coverage against any damages caused to other accessories of your laptop, such as wireless headphones, you can avail wireless headphones insurance brought by the same insurer that protects you against any financial loss incurred for repairing any accidental damages. You can enjoy a sum assured of Rs. 10,000 against a minimal annual premium of Rs. 299.
- Robbery or burglary: Financial coverage for repairing any damage or loss caused to your device due to any theft or burglary at your premises.
- Breakdown: You can request for a financial coverage under the laptop insurance plan to protect your gadget against any problems caused to mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Fire: Under this plan, you can claim reimbursement against any financial loss caused to your device due to fire, explosion, etc.
You can also avail Pocket Insurance schemes like small gadgets insurance offered by Bajaj Finserv. It protects you against monetary loss in case other small gadgets used with your laptop such as speakers, wireless keyboards, etc. gets damaged due to fire, accidents or other perils.
- Natural calamity: You also get coverage against any financial loss incurred if your device gets damaged because of any natural calamity like an earthquake, flood, cyclone, etc.
- Various payment methods
You can pay the premiums towards your laptop insurance in India via several payment options provided by the insurance company. You can choose to pay by your credit card or debit card, UPI, net banking, mobile wallets, etc.
- Higher sum assured
You get to enjoy a higher sum assured against a minimal annual premium, thus making the laptop insurance schemes affordable.
Various insurance providers also allow you to renew your insurance each year. Before you buy your policy, make sure to check the terms and conditions and know what is covered to best gain the benefits of your laptop insurance scheme.