There are several ways to effectively maintain a pair of volleyball shoes. You purchase the best of the best volleyball shoe and you should maintain them. You can clean the entire pair, you can keep it away from dust and dirt before and after playing a match, and so on. But how do you know the essential facts to pay special attention when maintaining a volleyball shoe?
That’s precisely what you are going to learn in this post.
Before we get started, here’s what’s coming up.
- Tips to improve your grip and traction.
- Things to consider when purchasing a perfectly fit pair for yourself.
- Some additional tips in maintaining a volleyball shoe.
Here we go!
Improving your grip and traction:
Before you throw your volleyball shoes into the trashcan, you need to reconsider your decision for the following reasons.
- It may look like your shoes may have worn down, but the primary reason for that is your lack of maintenance.
- Your shoe may need a good clean.
So, let’s look at improving the grip and the traction of your volleyball shoe by giving it a perfect cleaning.
Cleaning your volleyball shoes:
Here’s a list of steps you can follow to clean your volleyball shoe. Follow the steps in the exact order to get great results
- Make sure that you have with you these things. Warm water, dishwashing liquid, scissors/a mini screwdriver, and a clean towel.
- First up, remove any dust particle from the tread of your shoes. Any strong pointy device will help you achieve that purpose.
- Next, fill up a small bucket with warm soapy water.
- Then, scrub your entire sole with the help of a toothbrush in a nice circular motion using that soap water.
- Now, after one or two minutes, take a towel and dry all the wet areas of your shoe.
- After doing this step, store them in a nice, clean bag and use them only during match days.
Consistently cleaning and maintaining your volleyball shoes is a cornerstone for having an excellent grip and traction for a long time.
Selecting a perfect fit for yourself, some general tips:
There are several things you need to consider in selecting a perfect fit for yourself. If you are a beginning volleyball player, you may ignore this important stuff. That’s why we provide a list of items you should always think through before purchasing a pair for you.
- Get a pair that prioritizes outsole. These shoes usually provide exceptional traction.
- Consider inner cushioning. Volleyball requires a lot of jumping. Hence, impact reduction and shock absorption are paramount.
- Lookout for lateral and ankle support. You need to move side to side quickly and efficiently. So it is as important as anything.
- Think through the weight of a pair. You should always purchase a lightweight model to be an excellent player.
You will not go wrong most of the time when opting for a high-quality shoe after considering these general points.
Selecting a perfect fit for yourself, some feature related tips:
Here are some feature related points that you can get your head around before spending your money on a pair.
- Durability is a serious element. You should not compromise on this. A real quality shoe should last for an entire season if you play 4/5 times a week.
- The design should be attractive. Most good brands produce exceptionally designed pairs.
- The rubber sole, the midsole, and the upper part of a shoe should be strong and durable.
- Select a pair that has a longer lifespan.
Some additional tips to maintain your volleyball shoes effectively:
Here are some tips to increase the longevity of your shoes.
- Don’t wear your volleyball shoes other than the court.
- Clean your shoes after every match to increase its longevity.
- Don’t play any other sports with your volleyball shoes.
- Invest in a high-quality shoe.
- Look for a shoe that is made of strong, durable material.
Okay. That’s it for now. In a 700 word post, we’ve informed all that a beginner needs to know about a volleyball shoe maintenance in a compressed form. We hope that this serves as a helpful resource. Thank you!